Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Larry S Freeman has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Larry S Freeman has the following 12 expertise
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Marital Counseling
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Dr. Larry S Freeman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Larry S Freeman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Freeman seems like a nice enough guy but my experience with him wasn't particularly helpful. He doesn't listen very well and often appears to be falling asleep during a session. He also comes off as deeply insensitive at times. He has stock lines that he uses like, "I'm not sure you're going to like what I have to say", which would be fine if his analysis was more thoughtful and/or constructive. Nice guy, though.
I saw Dr. Freeman with my husband for over a year. We went weekly, then bi-weekly, then monthly until we felt good enough about where we were in our relationship to stop going (with which Dr. Freeman agreed).He is no-nonsense and won't be for everyone, but he is a great doctor if his style is a fit for you. I have recommended him to several of my friends for both couple and individual therapy.
He is crazy! I took my troubled teen daughter in there to get help.He retalited on me and said she should be takin out of my home because I am a bad mother! I only seen him for 5 min and warned him my daughter was manipulative and trying to flee to live with other relitives so she doesnt have to follow any rules. After 20 min alone with her he believed everything she said.He did not see her severe mental problems and did not help her.He charged $495. for a 40 min apt and assumed everything she said was true. Took it apon himself to foward nasty untrue letters to our family counselor and her family dr whom I work with!Good thing I know both of those people and they know I am just a conserned mother for a teen daughter going in the wrong direction. My daughter has severe mental probems and he said nothing is wrong with her!I would really think twice if you want to take a rebelious teen with mental problems to Mr Freeman.
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Larry S Freeman accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsLarry S Freeman Md, 119 N Commercial St Ste 1360, Bellingham, WA
Dr. Larry S Freeman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellingham, WA.