Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Larry D Stark has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Larry D Stark has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Larry D Stark has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 79
His stuff has very much to be desired some of them have been there too long and they've lost desire on how to treat a patient there is one particular one that will taunt you and I don't know of any other doctors office that do not give you a courtesy call about your appointment coming up if you lost your card or you didn't write it down you're out of luck
I want to preface this review by saying that I have noticed only 2 FT Regular staff members. The rest seem to rotate through from a local school and are gaining experience in their field. This includes the receptionist. Today one regular staff member had two trainees with her when she took my vitals. So if you get the feeling they don't have a clue - they may not. A lot of the reviews I see are about staff inefficiencies and attitudes and I just wanted to point this out. This practice is also across the road from a very popular Magellan clinic filled with people who use and/or abuse a lot of medications. Dr Stark seems always aware of this when discussing medications. If you can get past the temporary employees and the light handed prescription writing, Dr Stark has an amazingly fun manner. He always seems to be smiling as he hurries about his business. He's smart and not afraid to say "I don't know." He also has those two, highly efficient, caring employees. If you need something done right or right away - find Ty. Just saying. The wait seemed the same as any other, I just try to book first thing in the morning, before they get behind, like any doctor's office. Overall, I prefer to manage my own health care and will happily give him all the info I can to help him do his job. He has a LOT of patients and the more I can help make it easy on him, the better for us both. I have every faith that if I did have an emergency situation, he and Ty would take care of me & my paperwork properly.
48 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Larry D Stark accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLarry D Stark Do, 3201 W Peoria Ave Ste A103, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Larry D Stark is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.