Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Larry R Walton has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
after waiting 30+ min, he spent maybe a whole minute looking at a bump on my arm. Was not aware, or didnt care about how painful it was, he said it was a cyst and referred me to a dermatologist because it could be treated without cutting it out (even though, by now, its the size of a grape and very painful) . I told him that other doctors put me on antibiotics and tried to treat it, but he wouldn't listen. He clearly did not want to deal with it!
I went to Walton with classic Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms, and pain in both thumbs. He didn't suggest sending me for Carpal Tunnel testing, so I had to go to another hand surgeon to make the referral. It was positive and I required surgery. Walton took X-rays of both hands & told me there was severe arthritis in both thumbs. However, the other hand surgeon & an orthopedic doctor said it was only mild arthritis. Walton gave me pull on splints for both thumbs (that were very painful to put on & take off, and I was later told by a Physical Therapist that I should never have been given that type of splint.) On top of his incompetence in failing to properly diagnose a common condition, he is not a personable individual. He's arrogant and cocky, and responded to reasonable questions in a mocking tone.
48 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Michigan State University
Dr. Larry R Walton accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLarry R Walton Md, 1220 W Milham Ave, Portage, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Larry R Walton in this video.
Dr. Larry R Walton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portage, MI.