Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lars C Hansen has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
Dr. Lars C Hansen has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Lars C Hansen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Hansen was very personable in diagnosing my son having (late for his age) croup cough. He was excellent to the point of making my son laugh for a quick strep swap, and consoled like crazy after (we have all been there as adults, tonsil swabs are not fun). Dr. Hansen's recommendation turned a barking cough into a regular cough within an afternoon (a prescription to help the cough) and provided plenty of follow up information and general care you can provide. Strep test turned up Negative but Dr. Hansen wanted to make sure. He genuinely cared about my son's health. Leaving this review because I do not think the others reflect my experience with my son. Dr. Hansen does talk a bit fast, but never felt he was being rude or condescending in any way.
If you are a worried mother and asserting the medications and diagnosis this doctor is giving you- do not come to him. In my opinion, he does not like it if you have questions about his diagnosis and medications. He was rude and condescending. He did not make me feel good about my kid's well-being. It was the most awkward doctor visit I have had.
12 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
St John Hospital And Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Occu Medical, 3975 Old Redwood Hwy, Santa Rosa, CA
Dr. Lars C Hansen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Rosa, CA.