Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lata B Vad has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Lata B Vad has the following 12 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Lata B Vad has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
As an inpatient and out pt. I feel she has no regard for patient input. She doesn't listen to your problems or concerns. She talked over me every time I tried to speak to her. I disagreed with her diagnosis and through research I found information that disputed her diagnosis. I tried to show her the information I printed off of medical studies and their results. She refused to even look at any of the findings calling me a liar in that none of what I was saying was true. I feel she is incompetent as a physician. Her treatment consists of shuffeling patients through like cattle. If I had known better I would NEVER had let her treat me. Beware!
I can appreciate that Doctors pretty much have seen different circumstances with patients. This Dr. made me feel like I was just a number and not a human. Very bad bedside manners. Even though a person pa=ractices for 35 years manners and respect are still essential. During my visit I felt like all she wanted to yell is "NEXT". Her office staff that handles the insurance claims are also little defiecient. My insurance company had to conctact me over 3 months becausethe provider could not get my treatment date correct. Do not recommend.
46 Years Experience
Maulana Azad Medical College
Graduated in 1972
Rochester Psych Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVad & Vad Mds, 3801 NW 63rd St Ste 160, Oklahoma City, OK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lata B Vad in this video.
Dr. Lata B Vad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oklahoma City, OK.