Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Swaran L Wiggins has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Swaran L Wiggins has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 4 of 4
We took my daughter to Dr. Wiggins since she was born, we found it a mistake to see the other doctors there. She had a way with my daughter that no other did and always the right diagnosis. Once we went to a specialist that was a quack and said my daughter needed 2 kinds of surgery we were distessed and didnt believe him so she knew my daughter and agreed the surgery was not needed, but wanted another specialist to look at my daughter and he was just as shocked. We would still be going to her if we hadnt moved. My daughter still loves Dr. Wiggins.The nurses there also had a way with my daughter that made getting her shots easier. They are the best.
Dr. Wiggins is very friendly with me, and my son. She seems to care about what is going on with my son. She does what needs to be done in order to find out what is going on with him. She has referred speacialists to get to the bottom of my son's delayment. She has also called me personally several times to get updates on him. The wait is usually the worst part. I think she is a popular doctor at the clinic so she gets quite busy.
I have had an excellent experience with Dr. Wiggins. She has been aggressive in treating my 15 month old son's recurring ear infections. She is also very attentive and patient with him. There have been times I've had to wait a long time, but I have also been on the receiving end where extra time is needed, so I understand the need to wait at times.
Childrens Hospital And Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAkron Children's Hospital Pediatrics Perry, 125 Whipple Ave NW, Canton, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Swaran L Wiggins in this video.
Dr. Swaran L Wiggins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Canton, OH.