Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Latanya A Simpson
Dr. Latanya A Simpson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN, with another office in Rossville, TN. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Simpson is affiliated with Laird Hospital, Memphis Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Merit Crossgates River Oaks Hospital. Dr. Simpson has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Latanya A Simpson has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Latanya A Simpson has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 1 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Latanya A Simpson - Posted on November 20th, 2015
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Simpson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1997
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Latanya A Simpson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Latanya A Simpson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Memphis, TN.