Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Latha C Alaparthi
Dr. Latha C Alaparthi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hamden, CT, with another office in Milford, CT. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Alaparthi is affiliated with Yale New Haven Hospital St Raphael Campus and Yale-New Haven Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Latha C Alaparthi has 2 locations
2200 Whitney Ave Ste 360
Hamden, CT 06518
40 Commerce Park Ste 2
Milford, CT 06460
Book Online Now
Dr. Latha C Alaparthi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Latha C Alaparthi has the following 14 expertise
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Colon Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Latha C Alaparthi is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Latha C Alaparthi - Posted on December 20th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Latha C Alaparthi - Posted on August 21st, 2017
She's the best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Latha C Alaparthi - Posted on July 8th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Latha C Alaparthi - Posted on May 1st, 2015
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
Self-verified patient of Dr. Latha C Alaparthi - Posted on September 16th, 2010
There are many doctors who truly seem to care about what they do and their patients. Dr Alaparthi is not one of them. She is condescending and cocky, when you can even understand what she is saying. (Let's not forget, this person did not even go to medical school in the US). The only reason I had trouble getting an appointment was not because she is so popular, but because she spends more of her day OFF than she spends it working. Dont even consider trying to have her communicate with your other doctors, either--she is so insecure that she manages to insult everyone with whom you ask her to talk.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Alaparthi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Latha C Alaparthi Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Latha C Alaparthi, MD - Gastroenterology in Hamden, CT, in this video.
Dr. Latha C Alaparthi is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hamden, CT.