Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura A Benedetto has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Laura A Benedetto has the following 14 expertise
- Skin Biopsy
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Actinic Keratosis
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Cancer
Showing 5 of 35
First of all I agree with other reviews that the staff is terrible there. First impressions are everything, I worked front desk in a doctors office for years and we were always trained to put the patient first, they do not do that in this office. Doctor is very overbooked, I have been going there for many years , because I like dr. Benedetto, but the last time I went there she misdiagnosed my invasive skin cancer. I think she's good, but too busy and this leads to misdiagnosis.
Scheduled appointment for suspicious spots on skin. Showed up on time, waited 25 minutes only to be told I didn't have an appointment. No apologies were made, receptionist indicated I should've got name of person I spoke to so "she could ask her what happened". Unprofessional, unapologetic, didn't seem to care that their office had made this error.
I have been a patient of Dr. Benedetto for years. She probably saved my life, finding that what I thought was a small freckle was actually a malignant melanoma. Because I trust her implicitly, I keep going back. I certainly don't go there for the warm and fuzzy feeling the staff gives me. She deserves better support for her patients.
Dr. Benedetto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Wayne State University
Dr. Laura A Benedetto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Associates Of, 628 Hebron Ave, Glastonbury, CT
Dr. Laura A Benedetto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glastonbury, CT.