Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura J Bessette has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Laura J Bessette has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
My 80 year old mother has been with Dr. Bessette for many years now. Mom has treasured her and her treatment like no other doctor she has EVER seen. Last year, my mother was critically injured in a fall and never expected to live. Mom has been a true miracle over and over again and Dr. Bessette has been totally active in her care.The 1st call I made when Mom fell was to Dr Bessette to find out what we were facing with Mom's history and injuries. WOW!After 1/2 years of dealing with Mom's care and Dr. Bessette, I can say without hesitation that she is the best doctor I have ever encountered. She truly treats the entire person with a caring that is not existent in most doctors, she treats the family with an incredible respect, and she always goes the extra mile for the entire relationship.Thank you Dr Bessette!! Our whole family can never thank you enough.
Lack of proactive treatment, as a matter of fact I was even told by Dr. Bessette that my insurance does not cover bone density test when in reality it is up to doctor's discretion. I was also reminded during office visit that my 15 minutes is up even though I still had some concerns. I ordered paper copies of my tests and office visits and found out that my EKG had wrong birthday and age - instead of repeating the test dr. Bessete told me that birthday/age entry was due to human error - how would she know?
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Bessette is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1990
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Laura J Bessette accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsReliant Medical Group, 630 Plantation St, Worcester, MA
Dr. Laura J Bessette is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.