Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura D Bookman has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Breast Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Dr Bookman has a truly unfortunate bedside manner. I'm a medical professional myself and have rarely, if ever, witnessed or experienced such a lack: she comes across as cold and abrupt, doesn't pay attention to what the patient is saying, makes me feel dumb.....and the physical exam was by far the worst, most uncomfortable and impotent OB/GYN experience I have ever had. Definitely do not see her for a breast concern! I only returned to see her this year for my annual because the wait to see an alternative provider in the practice was in excess of two months' time. I definitely would NOT recommend Dr Bookman to anyone, particularly if it were for anything beyond a simple annual exam.
I will never return to this doctor. After waiting almost an hour, Dr. Bookman was distracted with another patient that she needed to attend to and rushed through my appointment. She did not read through my information and I had to correct her numerous times about my history even though it was on the screen in front of her. I made the appointment to specifically address some very sensitive aging issues I had been experiencing and was humiliated by the whole experience. During the exam she discussed and demonstrated her findings with the resident that was present but left me out of the conversation. When I asked her to explain what she found she had me get dressed, then came back in to give me a print out of her findings in medical terms and a pamphlet with specialists that I could then go to. The whole visit was so upsetting; between the long wait, the cold hands and freezing instruments and the aloof attitude, I felt that I was a teaching example instead of a person.
34 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Laura D Bookman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBeth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laura D Bookman in this video.
Dr. Laura D Bookman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.