More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura R Bowser has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Laura R Bowser has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 14
We have had wonder experiences with Dr. Bowser, her MA and the office. They always call back in a timely manner and even had Dr. Bowser herself call me back personally a few times. Being a first time mom, I didn't want to seem like I was calling for every little thing and they never make me feel that way. She spends a lot of time with you during appointments and the wait time in the lobby has never been excessive. Whenever I needed an appointment quickly, they always go us in, sometimes same day.
My oldest child is one of her first patients since she joined the practice. She was so kind and loving during our first appt that I immediately switched from another practice and have been extremely happy since....8 yrs. I'm always able to be seen for same day needed care and always receive prompt return calls. She is great about bringing in a specialist into the mix instead of trying to project a know it all illusion. We love her (& Dr. shudder!)
More problems with the front office staff rather than the doctor herself. Front desk staff are not pleasant to deal with (setting up appts., retrieving paperwork, overall friendliness)-first impressions are important. Wait time to see a doctor varies-I've gotten in quickly at times, and other times I've waited for more than 20-30 mins-all depends on the time of day possibly. I agree with a previous review stating this doctor's office is more concerned with making money rather than connecting with you and your family. You do have to make an appt. for anything and everything-they also won't release your own medical history or information to you unless you've seen them recently.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Dr. Laura R Bowser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCanal Winchester Family Health, 6201 Gender Rd, Canal Winchester, OH
Dr. Laura R Bowser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Canal Winchester, OH.