Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura B Boyd has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Laura B Boyd has the following 13 expertise
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Cholesterol Management
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Laura B Boyd is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I first saw Dr. Boyd when I was having trouble with cholesterol levels. My previous doctor had me on several statins the last being Crestor which caused severe muscle weakness, which was discounted as nothing. It was Dr. Blain who saved me and did a blood test which was totally off the charts and revealed what I had been saying that Crestor was eating away at my muscle tissue and if I had continued it, it would cause more damage. She got me on a drug, that was not a statin and doing well. She listens and takes notes of patient needs and I am so grateful to have found such a caring and kind doctor. She is truly a wonderful doctor!!!!
My husband and I have been looking for a doctor near by to get our yearly physicals done and just to have one that will be there for us when we need help. Dr.Boyd is great, we chose someone who is close to our age and will understand us. She is very easy to talk to and explains everything. We received a remainder in mail to get our blood work rechecked and I thought that was really nice. Also, there is an Immediate Care office located in the building and we are always able to see a doctor when needed.
I have been seeing Dr. Boyd for about 2 years now, and she is probably the best doctor I have ever had. She is really nice and listens to you and does everything she can to help. I am 23 years old and have had anxiety for a few years I always dreaded doctor visits, but not with Dr. Boyd. I really would recommend her to anyone! She is great!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
14 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 2004
Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Dr. Laura B Boyd accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEdward Elmhurst Health Center Addison, 303 W Lake St Fl 2, Addison, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laura B Boyd in this video.
Dr. Laura B Boyd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Addison, IL.