Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laura D Carbone
Dr. Laura D Carbone, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Augusta, GA. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Carbone is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital Union City. Dr. Carbone has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Laura D Carbone has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Laura D Carbone has the following 12 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Density
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 5
I LOVE DR. CARBONE! SHE'S THE BEST, LOVING, CARING, SMART, CONSIDERATE, TENDER, EXCELLENT BED-SIDE MANNERS....THE ULTIMATE WOMAN! SHE'S KNOWN ME SINCE 2008 AND SHOWED ME SO MUCH COMPASSION AS PATIENT AND HUMAN BEING. SOME OF THE OTHER DOCTORS NICK-NAMED HER AS "THE BIRD DOG" MEANING IF THERE'S ANYTHING GOING ON WITH A PATIENT, THEN SHE'LL FIND IT...LOL! I'D DEFINITELY RECOMMEND DR. CARBONE TO ANYONE. I APPRECIATE HER AS A PERSON, DOCTOR, WOMAN, HARD WORKER AND BEING SINCERELY AND FAITHFULLY DEDICATED!!!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Carbone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Laura D Carbone accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGRHealth Medical Center, 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA
Dr. Laura D Carbone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, GA.