Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura E Corio has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Papillomavirus Infections
- Menstrual Pain
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hot Flashes
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Corio was recommended to me years ago by a friend diagnosed by the doctor with a life-threatening problem not found by others. Dr. Corio is thorough and matter of fact, giving you her full attention during a visit. Negative comments portraying her as not "warm and fuzzy" are unfathomable. I've found her to be a concerned physician who does not make you feel rushed.
It is obvious that the positive ratingsfor Laura Corio are due to bogus ratings.Probably her staff used their pc's toplump the ratings.She does not accept insurance and thinksshe is elite. The amount she chargesfor her services is ridiculous comparedto her training and expertise. I wentto her once, thinking her staff wasmore interested in ordering and eatingpizza then attending to the patient's needs.Nothing about Corio impressed me,that would cause me to choose her overa doctor that is covered by insurance.
I was referred to Dr. Corio by a work colleague after my OB/Gyn of several years moved. Dr. Corio spent a lot of time with me during my first visit and sent me for what I thought at first was a lot of tests (my previous doctor had not sent me for any of these tests before and I was skeptical as to their necessity). Dr. Corio called me the very next day after I took the tests and told me that the results indicated that I needed surgery and the sooner the better - I was stunned - she explained in great detail what needed to be done and why. Before the surgery, she held my hand and made me feel at ease. Her bedside manner and her dedication is beyond words. I have had surgery and other procedures before and I have never felt such compassion from a doctor before. The subsequent visits (post-op, etc.) she was just as genuinely caring and honest and thorough. My husband & I both believe that she saved my ovary and possibly my life. If it wasn't for her, I would never have known something was wrong since I had no real symptoms (besides not being able to get pregnant after trying for some time). I would, and have, recommended Dr. Corio to everyone I know without hesitation!
39 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Laura E Corio accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLaura Ellen Corio Md, 113 E 64th St, New York, NY
Dr. Laura E Corio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.