Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura Coudrey has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
This was my worst experience with a doctor. I had seen her for years but when I was really ill and needed the assistance of my cardiologist she was completely unavailable. On several occasions she refused to coordinated care with the hospital and my neurosurgeon. I called her for emergency care post surgery and she NEVER returned my calls.
I was referred to Dr Coudrey after an abnormal EKG from my regular doctor. I made the appointment within a week which I thought was reasonable and came to her Bayshore office for a visit. I was seen within 10 minutes of my arrival and was treated very courteously. I was impressed and she really seemed to care, I even got a follow up call about the visit, that was refreshing. I would recommend her to anyone.
Before I was referred to see Dr Coudrey I had been to 2 other doctors. Each time I waited for what seemed like forever only to have 3 minutes face to face. I was never a fan of going to get a check up but I can honestly say that it was a great experience for me. The doc was attentive and seemed genuinely concerned for my health. I wouldn't think twice about recommending Dr Coudrey to my family and friends.
I was seen by Dr. Lee who I see is not even listed now. She insisted on a list of tests that I did that she never followed up with. She did not even know what one test was that she ordered for me. She had no answer when I confronted her after I passed every test. She refuses to accept I will not use her as a Dr and continues to have her staff call me to come back to her office. Stay far away from this place
Dr. Coudrey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1993
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Laura Coudrey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPremier Cardiology, 307 E Main St, Smithtown, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laura Coudrey in this video.
Dr. Laura Coudrey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Smithtown, NY.