Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura F Dabney has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Laura F Dabney has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
Dr. Laura F Dabney has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 66
Before I saw Dr. Dabney I looked at her reviews and I felt really stressed about going to see her. I have to say that none of the bad reviews matched the person I saw. I saw Dr. Dabney for a C & P hearing - ordered by the Veteran's Administration. She was professional and thorough with the exam. I felt very comfortable with her immediately. I would encourage you to overlook this negativity and go to see her for yourself. Thank you.
I saw Dr. Dabney for anxiety. 1 visit and that was enough. Cold, Callous and purely money driven. I paid out of pocket at $200 for 30 mins.... I should have taken a spa day instead (that would have been more therapeutic). Now a year later she claims I owe her $200 from an appointment I never had! Pure extortion! She truly needs to see a psychiatrist. She is fluffing/writing all the excellent reviews on vitals.com, just look at the diction. If you refer to her yelp reviews, you will see the truth. She attempted to write bogus reviews but yelp caught her and but them in the not recommended file. She goes to extraordinary lengths to hide her poor patient reviews. ASK WHY!!
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPierre Hossein Golpira Md, 4542 Bonney Rd Ste D, Virginia Beach, VA
Dr. Laura F Dabney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.