Dr. Laura Eastep Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laura Eastep?

Director

Posted on September 16th, 2016

Posted on November 20th, 2015

May I have a few minutes of your time. Vitals. com is the only forum I have for telling as many women as possible that the Board Certified OB/GYNs of Mercy actually allow residents(doctors in training) to perform complete surgical procedures, that is, start to finish on their purposely neglected to be told, totally unsuspecting, anesthetized patients. For your procedure it may only be part , but whichever is the case if your doctor has not told you specifically what part of a procedure the resident is doing then your doctor has perpetrated something called "ghost surgery". "Ghost surgery" is the act of substituting one surgeon for another surgeon, supervised residents included, for any or part of a surgical procedure without the express consent of a patient who has essentially hired a specific doctor to treat them. "Ghost surgery" is considered fraud and battery of a patient (U.S. Supreme Court 1983). Something else to seriously consider is that risks/rates of complications definitely go up when a resident is involved. Perfectly logical really when you consider many aspects of a surgical procedure can be completely blind: critical bladder dissection, sling procedures, a d&c. Mercy has these statistics, and I believe they should give them to you, having a resident involved is a risk just like any other: anesthesia problems, bladder damage,etc. My little bit of research also led me to the ugly discovery that residents will be allowed to do an invasive bi-manual pelvic exam on you while you're in a lithotomy position and anesthetized. The Mercy doctors' thinking is you will be perfectly relaxed and excellent practice for the residents. These exams without your express consent are against the law in 4 states. HI, for example, found countless instances of bruised cervices, torn and abraded tissue and numerous infections. While these exams aren't against the law in MO, I found this to be so grossly unethical I could scarcely believe it. Then there #4 on your consent form. It is purposely and deliberately broad and vague. Your "certified provider" (aka your Mercy, Board Certified OB/GYN with many years of experience) thinks it's okay to simply tell you a resident will be involved, or maybe a resident will walk in minutes before your surgery and say,"Hi, I'm the resident". The Mercy doctors think this covers their responsibility to you. It doesn't. Hopefully, I've added some info, and Good Luck with your decision.

Posted on March 2nd, 2012

Really wonderful Doctor I highly recommend this Doctor and practice.

The Absolute Best Doctor!

Posted on November 22nd, 2011

I don't even know where to start. I am SO incredibly glad to of found this doctor! She is by far one of the best doctors that I have ever had! She is so sweet, caring, and understanding! She makes me feel so comfortable, and I feel like she genuinely wants to help me with anything I'm going through. She cares what my opinion is and takes the time to listen to what you have to say and how you feel about any decision. I could seriously go on and on about how truly amazing she is! I never write reviews for doctors, but Dr. Eastep deserves it. Don't second guess making an appointment with her, you will not be disappointed!!!!! :)

Posted on October 4th, 2017