Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura Ellis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Ellis is one of the most compassionate physicians that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I would go to her for any type illness and would travel from anywhere. I recently learned that she was not feeling well and was experiencing her own health issues. When I visited Dr. Ellis in the spring I was very concerned about my symptoms and was a little frightened. She put my mind to rest when she ordered the proper tests to rule out any problems. Dr. Ellis was probably not feeling well herself based on what I have learned since my visit. You could not have suspected that she herself needed a little R & R. I am so glad that I know her and I wish her nothing but the best to such a fine and outstanding physician and woman.
Dr. Ellis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Claire Medical Center
24 Years Experience
University of Louisville
Graduated in 1989
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laura Ellis in this video.
Dr. Laura Ellis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morehead, KY.