Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura F Fernandes has the following 1 specialty
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Laura F Fernandes has the following 27 expertise
- Heart Block
- Weight Loss
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Nuclear Medicine
- Cardiac Defibrillator Implant
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Pacemaker (Artificial Cardiac Pacing)
- Aortic Diseases
- Cardiac Edema
- Unstable Angina
- Mesenteric Vascular Occlusion
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Beating Heart)
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Endovascular Stent Grafts
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Vascular Disease
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Stress Echocardiography
- Diabetic Vascular Disease
- Congenital Heart Disease (Double Outlet Right Ventricle)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
Showing 5 of 78
She saved my life. I was on my way to a heart attack! This Dr gave me information that can Reverse Heart Disease. Have you see "Forks Over Knives"? The most eye opening thing I've ever seen. For the 1st time I learned that my high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc. could be reversed by changing my 'lifestyle'. Today I am so thankful to give a good report. Cholesterol dropped 113 pts, triglycerides dropped, my BP meds were cut in half. All this in 5 months. On MY WAY to health - join me!
Dr. Fernandes and her staff treat me like family. Like family, she is concerned about all aspects of my health. She is more concerned about fixing problems than symptoms. She has sent me to other Dr's to fix a deviated septum, sleep apnea, etc. My son recommended me to see her last summer. I went from a very weak heart to an almost normal heart in about 6 months. She has probably saved my life. I have also recommended that my wife see her and get checked out. I strongly recommend her to anyone.
I've been a patient of Dr. Fernandes for about 3 years. She is professional, knowledgeable, and passionate about providing excellent care for her patients. She takes time to answer questions and make sure that her patients understand their treatment. She and her staff are friendly and caring. I would recomment Dr. Fernandes to anyone.
Dr. Fernandez is an amazing doctor with encyclopedic knowledge of the heart and vascular system. She is warm and compassionate and truly listens to her patients. She is also very professional! I highly recommend this doctor! Nice cozy waiting area and a really great knowledgable staff! We both received excellent care!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Laura F Fernandes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWoodlands Heart And Vascular Institute, 920 Medical Plaza Dr Ste 520, Shenandoah, TX
Dr. Laura F Fernandes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shenandoah, TX.