Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laura H Fisher
Dr. Laura H Fisher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lancaster, PA, with other offices in York, PA and Lebanon, PA . She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Fisher is affiliated with Lancaster General Women & Babies Hospital and Wellspan Good Samaritan Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Laura H Fisher has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Laura H Fisher has the following 13 expertise
- Watery Eyes
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Food Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
- Hives (Urticaria)
Dr. Laura H Fisher has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
We saw Dr fisher when she was at allergy and asthma center then followed her to her private practice on Oregon pike. Since we have a secondary insurance she stopped seeing my family and has not returned calls. It's ashame because she really took care of my family's asthma/allergy issues. We have never been dropped by a dr before and find it unbelievable that because of our amerihealth mercy secondary coverage, she didn't want to deal with us anymore.
Dr. Fisher has been my treating physician for 7 years. I developed allergies shortly after having my second child. This exploded into hypersensitivity and eventually I was struggling to keep breathing nearly all of the time. Dr. Fisher not only researched possible diagnosis for what turned out to be an autoimmune disease, but she coordinated doctors, surgeons, and medications to see me through it all. She and her staff have been amazing, professional, and have gone the extra mile. I am now well controlled and can enjoy life due to her persistence and care.
Would not recommend her - went to see her a few yrs ago 2x about hives and said there was nothing she could do - she did nothing - no blood work, not allergy testing - said there was nothing to do for hives. Second time we went to Lebanon office in snow and again got a paper about hives and mentioned about being a poor doctor - and sent us away b/c of the snow - she is not in a different office - ended up seeing a doc and he changed my diet and hives went away - the 3rd time I went into the lanc office to see another doc I never saw him b/c he never came to see me - sat for like 40 mins in the room and no nurse ever came to see me - I had to leave for work and told the check out woman and no one ever called to say sorry or make new appt - which was not really necessary anway as far as I was concerned - unfortunately doctors and their staff are so unprofessional and caring these days.
Dr. Fisher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Laura H Fisher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Laura H Fisher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lancaster, PA.