More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura Garabedian has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 29
I had been to this so called "doctor" as well for about 2 years and indeed it was 2 years too many. The worst thing that happened was that she tried to steal money from my wallet right in front of my face!! I turned my back for a second to chase after my toddler and of course trusting her as our pediatrician left my wallet right in front of her at the front desk with some money right outside my wallet. When i turned back around i couldnt believe my eyes. Sure enough i knew how much money i had and sure enough there was money missing. When i confronted her, her face turned all sorts of colors and said that she hadnt taken anything but if it would make me feel better she would "give me my money back". That was the last time i went to her. If she is doing stuff like that in front of your face just imagine what she is doing behind closed doors! Oh and yes...too cheap to turn on the heat in the winter and sauna in the summer! Absolutely horrible experience! Noone should trust their kids with someone like that!
Don't plan on getting any records. We left because of an inaccurate diagnosis which could have been dangerous had we not checked it out with another doctor. Our new doctor has asked for our records but now, months later, they still have not been received. There is no office staff, no heat and the desk area looks like a hoarder's home.
She is a nice doctor however I question the fact that she insists my daughter has had blood testing done, can not find her chart. No lights nor heat on in the office and papers are all over the floor where the desk area is. I am hoping she can find my daughters records when I need them as I plan to switch providers.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
Universidad Del Noreste
Graduated in 1984
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Laura Garabedian accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLaura Garabedian Md, 7904 256th St, Glen Oaks, NY
Dr. Laura Garabedian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Oaks, NY.