Dr. Laura D Houk Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laura D Houk?

Dr. Houk was very informed on my treatment and she helped a great deal.

Great doctor!

I saw Dr. Houk for second opinion regarding a persistent rash on my leg. The first dermatologist I saw did a biopsy on my calf (leaving a horrible scar), and also misdiagnosed the rash. Luckily I was able to see Dr. Houk for a second opinion - she right away had a hunch of what it could be, and was able to use the slides from the first biopsy to confirm the diagnosis, which was a lot less serious than what the first dermatologist had diagnosed. Her diagnosis was rare and uncommon in adults, but it certainly fit the description and the cellular analysis supported it too. I really credit her with thinking outside of the box and diagnosing me correctly and quickly. Also, the rash resolved exactly like she said it would, and the scar faded too (except for the bad biopsy scar from the first dermatologist). Also, she is one of 3 dermatologists I saw in the Boston area and the ONLY one to do a mole check on my first visit (even though my visit was regarding my rash). So she is definitely thorough, knowledgeable and thoughtful with her examination and analysis. The only problem was that it was hard to get an appt with her - probably because she is in super high demand!

Metastatic Melanoma

Dr. Laura D Houk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.