Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laura J Bishop
Dr. Laura J Bishop, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Bishop is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital For Women and Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Laura J Bishop has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Terrible bedside manners. Took a personal cell phone call during my appt & took personal cell phone call when she called me to let me know I had ovarian cancer and was being referred to GYN oncologist. Most uncaring doctor I've ever encountered. I will NEVER go to see her again and I've been with this clinic for many years.
Dr. Bishop was fine at first, but then her bedside manner showed itself. She didn't introduce herself to my mother or husband, often talked super fast or down to me and then would rush out in 5 minutes or less. Their office ran tests that weren't needed and now because my insurance is refusing, I'm left with the bill. They say I had options, but never gave any options but the one that cost the most! The whole visit left a bad taste in my mouth and now I can't trust that she won't upbill me on testing later in my care. Some of the office staff was just as rude and while others tried to help, they ended up stuck in the middle. A billing person got irate and told me she couldn't help because she didn't know what went on in a visit, because "she wasn't in the visit with me." All together it was a bad experience.
I will never return to Dr. Bishop. She was extremely rude, condescending, and unconcerned. Her bedside manner definitely leaves a lot to be desired. She refused to discuss any problems I described and seemed eager to move on to the next patient. She left me feeling like a number who wasn't worthy of her time. Seeing her was an extremely insulting experience.
I was quite nervous about seeing Dr. Bishop after reading some of these reviews. I could not get in with my regular doctor at the Ruch Clinic. I was 6 weeks pregnant and the baby's heartbeat was low. Dr. Bishop was very through and explained everything that could happen. I went back to see her a week later because I was spotting. Unfortunately they couldn't find a heartbeat. Dr. Bishop did my D&C. She was very compassionate and made me feel as comfortable as possible. She is a gifted doctor. I like her so much that I will be seeing her from now on!
Dr. Bishop is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Laura J Bishop accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRuch Clinic, 6215 Humphreys Blvd Ste 500, Memphis, TN
Dr. Laura J Bishop is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Memphis, TN.