The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Laura J Johnston has the following 2 specialties
- Transplant Surgery
Transplant surgeons are trained to transplant organs from donors, whether living or deceased, to the patients in need. This includes liver, lung, heart, intestine, pancreas and kidney transplants as well as tissue, bone marrow and cornea transplants. Kidney disease, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and serious infections are just a few reasons you might need a transplant.
Your surgeon will consult with you prior to the operation for a pre-transplant evaluation and they will see you through your healing process to ensure you have no complications. Some surgeons get additional training and education on pediatric transplants to provide special care to children.
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
Dr. Laura J Johnston has the following 16 expertise
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin Disease
- Precursor Cell Lymphoblastic Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Aplastic Anemia
- Graft vs Host Disease
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
Dr. Laura J Johnston is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
36 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Laura J Johnston accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Humana Choice POS