Dr. Laura R Kimball Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Laura R Kimball?

Dr. Kimball has been my doctor for 20 years and she always gives me the time I need and answers all my questions. She is one of a kind.

Avoid if You have Thyroid Issues

I was a patient of Dr. Kimball's for 2 years. She does very minimal testing and seems to diagnose almost solely by guessing. Having had symptoms of hypothyroidism for over a year, I repeated had to ask that my TSH be monitored. She refused to make a diagnosis or treat me for hypothyroidism. I went back when symptoms worsened and additional symptoms began showing up (cold, thinning hair, dry skin, sudden weight gain, menstrual irregularities, and more) and had to insist she run a TSH test. She told me she didn't think I had a thyroid problem and tested me for STDs instead. Lo and behold, my TSH levels are elevated. Going to a new PCP for treatment. I think Dr. Kimball is a very nice person, but not a good doctor.

Horrible Bedside Manner

I went in for an annual exam. This was my first appointment with Dr Kimball, so she did not know anything about me. I mentioned to her that I haven't been taking good care of myself for the past 5 years since the birth of my daughter as I have had personal struggles. I explained that I was starting to exercise again, have been seeing a therapist and planned to see a naturopath. Dr. Kimball seemed irritated that I was planning to see a naturopath and explained that she would probably take a different route for diagnosing my health problems. She then gave me an extremely rough exam, told me that I had to lose weight and said that she couldn't feel my ovaries through my tummy because of my excess weight. She was very brisk and insensitive in how she expressed this information to me. For someone who knows very little about my background, I felt that she was passing judgements about me. I have never had such a horrible annual exam, and I have never had an OBGYN ever tell me that they couldn't feel my ovaries. I would not recommend Dr. Kimball to any woman and I don't plan to see her again. After this visit, I am truly baffled as to why she has good ratings on this site.

Dr Kimball is great

Dr Kimball has been our family practitioner for 8 years. In that time she has always been professional, couteous and accurate in her diagnosis. She is particularly good with our daughter. We would strongly recommend her to anyone.

Dismissive

I had experienced flu-like symptoms for 10 days and was worried that I wasn't recovering. She was pretty dismissive, offering that it "sounds like H1N1," but not suggesting that I be tested for it. When I asked if I was still contagious, she said "maybe." So let me get this straight, I might have swine flue and I might still be contagious, and all you have to offer is bed-rest and fluids? Don't you think I should get tested so that I know for sure? On top of that, she seemed annoyed that it had taken me so long to come in. But from my perspective, I was concerned that I was not getting better, and she didn't do too much to allay my concerns. She kind of just seemed like she wanted me to get out of her office.

Very caring

I have been a patient of Dr. Kimball for about 10 years and could not be happier. She takes the time to ask questions, listen to you and really seems to care. I never feel rushed with any appointment and she has followed up everytime she promises. She is a great doctor.

Great Family Physician

Dr. Kimball is very experienced and knowledgeable with an extremely approachable manner for both kids and adults. She takes the time to discuss my concerns as well as that of my children. She doesn't automatically call for intervention but does so when needed. She's so excellent that it's worth dealing with horrible downtown parking to see her.