Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Laura C Kissell has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Laura C Kissell has the following 5 expertise
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Diabetes Complications
Dr. Laura C Kissell has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Kissell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Laura C Kissell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Colorado Front Range
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCardiac And Thoracic Surgery Associates, 2222 N Nevada Ave Ste 5011, Colorado Springs, CO
Dr. Laura C Kissell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Colorado Springs, CO.