Dr. Laura L Machado Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laura L Machado?

Dr. Machado is fantastic, but the front desk staff have been extremely rude on several occasions. As much as I like this doctor, having to deal with her staff can be a real headache. They have terrible attitudes, are condescending, acting like you're really putting them out to just get some simple clerical things done. They will try to dispense medical advice without even consulting the doctor. Rather than being professional and treating you with respect, they act like they're doing you a huge favor..maybe it's part of society's view that obese people deserve no respect, are lazy, uneducated, etc. (Dr. Machado does not treat you like this at all - I wish I could see her without dealing with these snotty girls up front)

Very caring and understanding Doctor. I could talk to her like a sister. I know I made an excellent choice!!

The front desk staff person was rude and made me feel uncomfortable about asking any questions. She made me feel like I was putting her out and as a shy person I decided to try a different doctor. My daughter went with Dr. machado a couple years later and also had similar experiences with the front lady and after her surgery did not return for follow ups because of her rude demeanor towards her. I do not recommend this office to anyone.

Incorrectly Diagnoised; Do not go to if you moved from out of town

The staff has poor training and short tempers. I moved from out of state and was improperly diagnosed by the doctor. The Dr. does not care about her patients and is just is looking for money, then to make it worst she over billed me and then tried to collect, even after providing receipts showing payment was mad. Unwilling to help as I have been in a very bad situation since seeing her.

nine months of frustration.

After getting the run around for nine months I gave up and moved on to another Doctor. Jennifer is very bad about getting things to the insurance company. Never returned my calls lied and blamed everything on my insurance co. Had excuses like they had alot of patients yet Dr. Machado continued to have monthly simenars to get more patients. Im very disappionted very unprofessional. I now have to pay my deductable again because the Dr. I switched to Cant get in for surgery until after the New Year. When I asked for surgery dates it was always an excuse looking for more surgery centers looking for an assistant for surgery blah blah blah. I asked to speak to Dr. Machado about this and Jennifer said NO she wouldnt talk to me. It sucks to be out three grand but at least there will be a light at the end of this horrible tunnel!!!!

Dr. Machado and her office staff are EXCEPTIONAL! She and the staff take as much time to answer all your questions, ensure that you are well informed, and have a knack of making one feel very comfortable. She has done well at making sure things are timely, efficient, and thorough. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Machado!

My Experience

She treats obesity and

I came to Dr. Machado after experiencing a serious complication after surgery. She corrected the problem, which was very complicated, and saved my life!

Go to another doctor

Prior to surgery, Dr. Machado was very selective about the information she provided and didn't completely answer questions. Immediately after surgery developed infections and other problems. Dr. Machado provided little to no care after surgery and told me to see my primary-care-doctor. She is the only surgeon I know who refused to provide post-surgery care.