Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura Y Li has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 16
She is a very intelligent and capable doctor. I think my biggest trouble is that I am not as intelligent as she is and she talks very fast with an accent. I try to follow along and have learned much about my epilepsy from her when I could. I felt she genuinely cared when I lost a baby and she took the time to explain the rating system they use for medications that can and cannot be taken during pregnancy. I have seen her several times over the last 3 years or so. She was very kind to my school age daughter who came with me on one of my appointments and explained, in terms my daughter could understand, just what the tests she was doing on me were for and how the brain works -my daughter left there thinking she wanted to be a neurologist like Dr. Li.
Dr. Li is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Beijing Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Laura Y Li accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeurological Associates of St Paul PA, 1650 Beam Ave Ste 200, Saint Paul, MN
Dr. Laura Y Li is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.