Laura H Lowder Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Laura H Lowder?

Extrememly unhappy with my care.

I saw Dr. Laura Lowder twice for gynecology appointments and on my third visit, which was for my pregnancy confirmation, she introduced herself to me as if we had never met. I was very nervous about my high risk pregnancy and she did not address any of my concerns when I brought them up. I asked her to test for a specific antibody that I am at risk for because of my autoimmune disease – which seemed to irritate her – but she agreed to do it. However, when I got the lab test back there was no test for the antibody. She also flat out refused to discuss pain management with me and did not go over my other medications. Furthermore, when I reviewed her doctors notes after my visit I was furious because she claimed in her notes that she had discussed several issues with me that she DID NOT actually address. She also never responded to my urgent messages before or after my visit. I left her office and made an appointment with the Bradford Clinic, who sent me for several special lab tests because of my various conditions that make me high risk. They also referred me to a maternal fetal medicine specialist who tested me for the antibody I was concerned about and got me back on my pain medications. I honestly fear for how I would have been negatively impacted by my high risk (possibly life threatening) pregnancy had I remained with Dr. Lowder - who did not see the need for any of this specialized care. I hope that she never treats another high risk patient who needs more care than she is willing to provide.

Terrible

My wife voiced concerns about group B strep antibiotics and this horrible excuse for a professional literally rolled her eyes and finally drowned her out saying there are absolutely no bad effects of antibiotics during birth, which is provably false.

Would never ever visit again

Very bad... She is more eager to leave the room than to come in. I had visited her twice and would never got to her again. She always want to leave the room asap as she comes in. Without telling me anything she prescribed and ordered medicine in my pharmacy. I came to know about this after getting a call from them only.

I would not refer doctor Lowder to anyone. Actually, the doctors at Piedmont GYN/OB rotate and who delivers your child is not up to the patient. I saw Lowder once and wasn't impressed with her bedside manners. She wanted to see if my baby was breech. Instead of sending me for an ultrasound first, the visit was very painful. I visited at 40w 3d again and had to see her since she is the only doctor that is never booked. My ultrasound was done with no mention of inducing since I'm past my due date even though the previous doctor stated that would be done a week later. They are not on the same page and forget about calling back after you leave the office. It's nearly impossible to get someone who knows what they are talking about.

My daughter was born 2 weeks early because of her

Please never see Dr Laura Lowder.When I was 36 weeks pregnant my regular obgyn happened to be on leave. So for the weekly checkup I saw Dr Lowder. Big mistake. During internal exam she punctured something and it pained a lot. Once I got up to dress, I saw blood dropping on the floor. I asked her nurse and she consulted Dr and said that is normal during internal exam. It was bleeding like when you have monthly periods and they sent me back home with a pad!!! It was a Friday and they said if the bleeding does not stop by Monday come and see us. By Sunday evening the bleeding stopped and so I didn't go there again. By Tuesday night I felt exteremely tired and the mucus plug came out. Tuesday night, my water broke and I calledhospital. To my bad luck it was Dr Lowder again. She said if it is not a gush of water falling on my shoes it is not water break. I knew better by reading babycenter that sometimes it can be just trickles!!! So she asked me to go to bed and not worry. By 6 in the morning I started getting contractions and went to the hospital. Another dr. who checked said my water is broke and they need to remove the baby within 24 hours and was immediately admitted there.If not for Dr Lowder my baby would have born 3 weeks later and been more healthy..