Dr. Laura McKain Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laura McKain?

HPV treatment

Posted on December 4th, 2010

This doctor made the initial diagnosis of HPV after receiving test results from PAP. I continued with treatment as she directed for HPV external lesions. After several months I had not achieved remission and she grew extremely frustrated with my heavy emotional response to having a sexually transmitted disease. Yes I cried often in the first months after diagnosis, to be in my 30s, divorced, with this terrible situation. Trips to her office for colposcopies were exquisitely painful and torturous. That was something I had not ever experienced in any previous GYN practice and I have a high pain tolerance. On one visit where I was extremely upset, she bluntly told me no more crying. I instead decided I would research alternative treatments for HPV and when I approached her with the idea of Interferon, she was reluctant to refer me and cited "there are risks." When I went to the appointment, the specialist completed a very thorough evaluation and informed me I was not receiving the appropriate care for the extent of this health problem through my primary GYN. I put my faith and trust into the specialist and after treatment was completed (and it was successful) I obtained followup GYN care with another gynecologist in a different practice.

Always Wonderful

Posted on September 24th, 2009

She's delivered both of my babies (10 & 8 yrs old) and taken care of me after. She actually listens to you. She's also very easy to talk with about even embarassing or unusual questions - never judgemental or condescending. Love her - would reccommend her to anyone.

Posted on June 28th, 2014