Dr. Laura S Mcmahon Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Laura S Mcmahon?

Not an option

As a colleague in the mental health field looking for a psychiatric referral for a patient, I was extremely disappointed in Dr. McMahon's treatment. She was rude, unprofessional, impatient and inappropriate in her comments about a troubled person in addition to misdiagnosing the person. I am not sure if that was "a bad day" for this doctor but I would not take my chances again.

Gross misdiagnosis & treatment of my child....Arrogant, unprofessional

This doctor is now on staff at an in patient adolescent treatment facility in upstate New York. She not only misdiagnosed my 11 year old daughter and put her on antipsychotic medications she didn't need, she over medicated her to the point where I feared for my daughter's safety. Dr. McMahon completely disregarded the fact that I continued to voice concerns over the treatment and the quick increases and dosages of medications. And although I verbally objected, she continued with dosage increases. Dr. McMahon has no time for parental concerns or parental insights on their own children.

she was the best doctor!

I have been seeing Dr Mcmahon for over 6 years, she is great, smart, educated and a wonderful doctor. I am blessed to have had her in my life and be a part of my treatment.

All around excellent Dr.

I have had nothing but great experiences with Dr. McMahon in the 3 years that I have been seeing her. She is extremely prompt with appointments, full of knowledge and suggestions, and I have never felt rushed or put off. She always has time to answer any questions I have. Dr. Mc Mahon goes out of her way to make herself available to her patients and answers her calls promptly. Her staff is also very helpful, I have never found them to be anything but kind and professional.

Misdiagnosed my daughter

Dr. McMahon misdiagnosed my 13 year old daughter- put her on medication that had harmful side effects. Furthermore, she misdiagnosed my daughter and set her on the wrong course for life! We are now suffering the repercussions at age 18 from this tragedy!

Pediatric Visit

I take my son to see Dr. McMahon- She makes us very comfortable at every visit. We have no problems with scheduling imprompt to appointments or getting medication refills. She is a great doctor for our son and has helped us out a lot. Sometimes I feel like she could spend more time talking to him, but that is hard with his condition.

she is very knowageable and didn't just start a medication until she evaluated the full situation.She is good with children and supportive to parents

Rude and Cold!

Dr. McMahon was rude and acted as if she didnt care about my son at all. She hardly talked to him and said he would never go to college because he couldnt handle it and recommended he get put behind a year in school because he has a learning disability. He is 7! What a horrible thing to say to someone!! I was rushed at the appointments and when I talked to her, she just kept writing in her notes and never looked at me. The kicker of all this, my insurance changed and I could no longer afford to take my son to her. I asked for her to call me and help get my son of meds and she refused to help unless I went into the office. I couldnt and I never heard from her again. She left my son hanging and that tells me she never cared about his well being! I had my family practitioner call me and she helped me out. I would never recommend her to anyone, ever!! She needs to go to a school for manners!!

Bad bad bad doctor

Very rude to her patients. She insulted me.

Office staff is rude and unhelpful. Dr. was rushed and made me feel as though I was a burden. She seems to have good knowledge, but I will not be returning. I felt judged by her and her front desk staff .

Might seem uptight but give her a chance....

Many of the reviews rate her as cold or uptight and she does come off that way at first, but give her a chance. She has a lot of insight to offer and is an expert re: meds. The more appointments I have had with her the more I benefit from her knowledge.

Not personable

Seems very well educated, but you can tell she likes to be in control all of the time. Never looks at you when she is talking to you and is almost rude at appointments. She likes to get you "in and out" of there as quickly as possible. Counceling staff are newly out of college and don't have much experience.