Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laura E Riley
Dr. Laura E Riley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Riley is affiliated with Exeter Hospital and New England Baptist Hospital. Dr. Riley has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Laura E Riley has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Laura E Riley has the following 6 expertise
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Hot Flashes
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
- Infectious Disease
Dr. Laura E Riley has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Laura E Riley is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Riley had the worst bedside manor I ever met. She was doing rounds at MGH and I was introduced to her. I extended my hand to say hello. She reached for the hand sanitizer. I still had my hand extended and then she made eye contacted and turned her head and walked away! How rude. I was told she would be on duty to deliver my baby. I asked to be delivered earlier by another doctor. I thought if she couldn't even shake my hand, she sure wouldn't touch me down there to deliver. She had true arrogance and was not approachable to ask questions to especially since I was high risk and experiencing major complications. After I delivered, I was in recovery and she skipped over me doing rounds. I asked the nurse where she had gone and she had already left!!!! Some residences came in to deal with my pain management issues, complication to preclamsia, dry veins, electrolyte imbalance, hemorrhaging, etc..after I requested it. But Dr. Riley was no where in sight! Stay as far away from this doctor as possible. She jeopardized my health in a very vulnerable time. This review is written two month after the incident so not in haste-- but as a warning to other patients.
Laura Riley is a fantastic doctor! I had a high risk pregnancy and she met with my husband and I a year before I got pregnant. She and her staff were absolutely wonderful throughout the nine months and I looked forward to seeing them every month. Every visit I came in with list of questions and even though she was busy she took the time to answer every one of them. I ended up delivering early because of pre-eclampsia with Dr. Berkowitz but Dr. Riley visited me everyday after my c-section. And after she called me at home to make sure everything was healing. She is an outstanding doctor and person.
Dr Riley has one of the worst bedside manners and her ego needs to go in check. As a first time mom I asked her during my initial visit about foods to avoid and she laughed in my face and told me to read her book that comes out in a month! She was rude and dismissive. I have heard this fripom others. She is a good business woman but a careless doctor
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Riley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Laura E Riley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMassachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laura E Riley in this video.
Dr. Laura E Riley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.