Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laura Staff
Dr. Laura Staff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albany, NY, with another office in Albany, NY. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Staff is affiliated with Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany Medical Center South - Clinical Campus and Albany Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Laura Staff has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I have a bad cold and just needed to see a doctor. I waited in the small (and crowded with objects) waiting room for THREE and a HALF HOURS!!! When I made the appointment they said that the wait is long - like 2 hours, but she was worth the wait. I had read a review where someone was annoyed by waiting 45 minutes so I didn't think that would be too bad. No, I did not see the doctor - everyone was really nice but when the the receptionist left for the day I decided to not wait any longer. Don't get me wrong, the staff was very nice and I'm sure the doctor is good, but there is a SEVERE scheduling problem. I would highly recommend scheduling appointments MUCH further apart. That would really save a lot of headache and perhaps I would have kept her as my doctor. But as is, I'm not going back.
Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! Dr. Staff is just what I remember a Dr. being, when I was a child. Not only is her bedside manner great, but, she really cares about her patients and wants them to have the best treatment and health available. And, she gives that to her patients. Finding a Dr. like Dr. Staff is rare. She is the BEST!
Dr. Staff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Albany Medical Center Hospital
Albany Medical Center South - Clinical Campus
Albany Memorial Hospital
St Peter's Hospital
St Peters Health Care Services
21 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Laura Staff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Laura Staff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.