Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura M Tormoehlen has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Toxicology
A medical toxicologist treats drug overdoses, whether intentional or unintentional, but they also study the specific effects various drugs and medications have on our health in specific doses. In addition to drug-related illnesses, a toxicologist can treat poisonous bug bites, snake bites and reactions to toxic plants or food.
Toxicologists can also treat and diagnose exposure to any kind of toxic chemicals, gases (such as carbon monoxide) or pesticides as well as lead, mercury and arsenic poisoning. If you work in or live close to industrial facilities, you might worry about exposure to certain chemicals and gases that would adversely affect your body’s normal function. Don't hesitate to consult with a toxicologist about your specific concerns.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
13 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Laura M Tormoehlen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IU Health EMPLOYER PLAN
- Multiplan PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Laura M Tormoehlen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.