Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura A Tsakiris has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Laura A Tsakiris has the following 23 expertise
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Genital Warts
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Pain
- Pap Smear
- Adolescent Medicine
- Birth Control
- Miscarriage (Spontaneous)
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Uterine Prolapse
- Breast Exam
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Laura A Tsakiris has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Laura A Tsakiris is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Please do not go to this doctor! I wish I had found this site before I made the dumb decision of walking into her office. Hopefully I can save a few people who do more research than I did. I moved so I had to find a new doctor. She ran non-routine testing without my consent and I received a bill for a thousand dollars. I have called my insurance and her office manager, who confirmed the tests were non-routine. I told her I made a complaint with the medical board and am looking into small claims court. She called me back in response to this. She had zero compassion and was truly unkind. I asked her why she would not tell me she was doing non-routine testing. I cannot afford this bill. She said that since I said my husband and I may look into having children (not an option now), she did the "recommended" testing. I asked her why she wouldn't tell me this because I had a right to decline. I told her if she had explained that she was testing me for Varicella (to see if I was immune to chicken pox, I later found out), I could have told her I'd had it and I didn't want this ridiculous unnecessary expensive test. She also tested me for Cystic Fibrosis, which is diagnosed in children and babies, not in healthy thirty year old women. She said that she is under no obligation to tell me about or describe the testing. She said I consented to whatever she felt was necessary when I allowed them to take my blood. No doctor has ever done this! I didn't know she intended to rob me for a grand when I walked in. She says she doesn't get paid for testing, but she lied to me on the phone today so I give no credence to that claim. She stated that my insurance plan clearly has a high deductible (the only one offered by my employer). She said that she has never had this problem with any other patients. Please see the review below on 11/12/13 which tells my exact story, which contradicts what she told me today. I told her I wanted to warn other patients and she told me that I better be careful in a threatening tone. Please, please, please do not go to her.
I wanted someone closer to me so I chose her. WRONG DECISION!! I sat in her office close to sobbing and she didn't even offer me a tissue. How heartless? She-Dr. Tsakiris- made rude remarks about me being 'elderly' or 'too old'. I'm in my forties!! She then proceeded to tell me I only had one option for treatment and she was clearly vexed when I asked her questions. She didn't ASK me anything but ORDERED my treatment. I was vulnerable and distraught after my diagnosis and she was not sensitive or professional. I was at my worst, emotionally, and she was the bully I couldn't find the strength to verbally fight. HER TONE AND ATTITUDE IS HARSH, UNFRIENDLY AND ROBOTIC. I would not recommend or return. I wish I could give a rating of half star or no star. One star is much too high for her.
Worst experience ever!!! Let's start off with the rude clerk....then move on to the PAINFUL EXAM. To top it off Dr. Tsakiris appeared uncaring and has horrible bedside manner. She didn't ask me any pertinent questions and seemed to just be going through the motions to get me out the door. She refused to talk to me later when I called and had questions. Choose a more competent and caring doctor!!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Laura A Tsakiris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChattahoochee Gynecology Pc, 6610 McGinnis Ferry Rd Ste 100, Duluth, GA
Dr. Laura A Tsakiris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Duluth, GA.