Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laura Ureta has the following 2 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Laura Ureta has the following 11 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
Dr. Laura Ureta has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Laura Ureta is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
My son and I saw Dr. Ureta this afternoon. We must have hit a good day, because I didn't see any problems whatsoever. Staff was very courteous. Waited about 15 minutes before being called in. Waited another maybe 7-10 for dr. to come in. I did not feel rushed, and she did ask if I had any questions or concerns. Our appts. were set 15 minutes apart. It was a total of one hour from the time we arrived at the office to the time we walked out. So far I am satisfied enough that I would recommend giving her a try. Nice lady with many years of experience.
Dr. Ureta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Weill Cornell Medical College
St Vincents Hospital
Dr. Laura Ureta accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laura Ureta in this video.
Dr. Laura Ureta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orchard Park, NY.