Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurance W Choate has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Laurance W Choate has the following 8 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
He came into the room hysterical about a prn med I had been prescribed in the past. It is not an opiate but he acted like it was and told me it was illegal for doctors to prescribe. I asked in to calm down and he became more hostile. He would not discuss any other health concerns. Refused to wash his hands when I asked him why he said there wasn't enough time in the day. I never saw anything but hostility in his demeanor. I can't understand how he still has any patients. He told me he was going to "See to it that no other doctor in this town would see me!" I tried to talk to him about the med he was so upset about but he refused to discuss alternatives or look at any test results. I have never seen a doctor act like that. They usually care about their patients and want to improve the quality of their life as well as treat and diagnose health problems. He demonstrated none of those qualities. His nurse never washed her hands either and was just as abrasive.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
18 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Laurance W Choate accepts the following insurance providers.
- Health Net OR PPO
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
Locations & DirectionsUmpqua Community Health Center, 150 NE Kenneth Ford Dr, Roseburg, OR
Dr. Laurance W Choate is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roseburg, OR.