Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurel B Yates has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Laurel B Yates has the following 9 expertise
- EOL Care
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Laurel B Yates is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I finally met Dr. Yates. I had no preconceived expections, only that she was accepting new patients. So I arrived at 7:30 AM. I was extremely pleased that she had completely reviewed my records before we met! She was very personable and I felt as if she was a family member. She made recommendations that would reduce my bad cholesterol, increase my deficiency of vitamin D and recommended vaccines that I needed either as boosters or improvements on previous vaccines!!! I highly recommend her if you are looking for a new physician or you’re tired of being processed! I would have given her six stars, if available.
It is my pleasure to highly recommend Dr. Laurel Yates. I feel fortunate to have found a brilliant Physician associated with UCLA willing to become my Primary Physician (June, 2017). Also, Anyone over the age of 40(+), if you are lucky enough to establish yourself with Dr. Laurel Yates, she is an authority on aging and all things preventative. Google her! You'll see what I mean! She is very good!
TOP-NOTCH PHYSICIAN. BEST DOCTOR I ACCOUNTED SO FARE IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA.
The other reviews here don't reflect my own personal experience with Dr. Yates. I found her to be very kind, although perhaps a bit reserved (shy?). She was very thorough and took a lot of time with me during our initial meeting. She was also very reassuring when I had a frightening episode that required extensive follow up. She made sure I immediately got the care I needed. She's not warm and fuzzy on the outside, but I'm glad I looked past the reserved veneer and kept her as my PCP.
- Boston University School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLaurel B Yates Md, 15500 W Sunset Blvd, Pacific Palisades, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laurel B Yates in this video.
Dr. Laurel B Yates is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pacific Palisades, CA.