1.0

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Lauren V Hobratsch?

Abysmal

She was very knowledgeable and the nursing staff said she was "one of the best" infectious disease doctors in the hospital. When I asked her a question about my condition, she got very upset and said she had a number of other patients to see and didn't have time to go over her diagnosis. She told me she's the doctor and has 20+ years of experience. She pressured me to move forward with a procedure that I was uncomfortable with. I later found out the hospitalist didn't feel the procedure was necessary and she moved forward without his consent. The procedure didn't create any problems but it sure did cost my insurance a lot of money. I felt this explained why she got so defensive when I asked her the question.

Either needs serious sensitivity training or a new profession

Was assigned to my mother after a nasty infection had set in following liver surgery. Came to consult with us on a Friday evening about 6-7 o'clock. She was on call in the ER and was not pleased that we had additional questions to hold her up. While yes they might have been out of her realm, she was still very rude about it. She left in a huff to call one of several doctors assigned to my mom. When she returned, she informed us that the dr had told her she had spent 45 minutes with us earlier in the day going over this. When I laughingly out of utter disbelief protested, she said verbatim "I don't have time for this, I have to get back to the ER!" All I can say is from the over zealous "dr ego" surgeon to his birds of a feather colleagues: the condescending, medically and conscientiously illiterate hospitalist; to the pulmonary/critical care dr that like the rest of them just didn't seem to give a care. I could never put my finger on him whether he had no backbone, common sense or just lacked concern. Even the hospital was not the greatest experience. All envolved I am certain just saw another aging Medicare patient with a terminal disease. I have veered a bit off track. This whole experience was horrific and life changing for my family. Sometimes you can't help whose assigned to you when hospitalized. I think of the three doctors, hobratsch probably does knows her stuff. However her attitude and boorish insensitive treatment of very ill patients and their families is inexcusable.

Type 2 Diabetes

Dr. Lauren V Hobratsch is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Dallas, TX.