Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurence S Baskin has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Laurence S Baskin has the following 29 expertise
- Urinary Bladder Outlet Obstruction
- Prostate Cancer
- Neurogenic Urinary Bladder
- Urethral Stricture
- Urination Disorders
- Kidney Cancer
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Urologic Emergencies
- Urethral Obstruction
- Fetal Diseases
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Penile Diseases
- Bladder Issues
- Urinary Catheterization
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Vesico-Ureteral Reflux
- Urologic Diseases
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Bladder Exstrophy
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Surgical Procedures
- Kidney Disease
Dr. Laurence S Baskin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I really hope this review is helpful. I am a healthcare provider for adults and children and my child had surgery in the first year of life with Dr. Baskin at UCSF. My husband and I found him impatient and rude, he became angrier with every question we asked. During our post-op appointment, when we pointed out some continued problems upon physical exam, he told us we were exaggerating and just "wrong". Because of his refusal to address concerns we were forced to take our toddler to another academic training center and tertiary medical center in the Bay Area with a world-class pediatric urology team and are now awaiting another surgery to correct the problems left from Baskin's initial surgery. I might also add that the new surgeon readily and immediately identified the continued physical deformity that Dr. Baskin wouldn't acknowledge. His education, publications, training, and reputation are impressive and we were told by peers that he was "the best". After our experience, I reviewed his patient reviews and they were largely poor with comments that mirrored our experience with him. As a provider myself, I have my own profiles on these sites and patient experiences are important. His attitude was very much one of "how dare you bother me with questions, you clearly don't know as much as me and I don't have time for you". If he treats his peers this way, I really felt like the public needs to be told about our experience.
Dr. Baskin monitored my child's hydronephrosis before and after birth. He took care and consideration to monitor the situation as needed and did not pursue invasive technologies or treatments until we agreed it was necessary. He performed surgery on my child at the age of 9 months. He was thorough, careful, and quick. Although not overly "friendly", neither was he rude. Frankly, we weren't looking for a friend so we didn't care. What was important was that he took the time to listen to our questions and to answer them until we were satisfied that we understood the circumstances and our options.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
32 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Laurence S Baskin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUCSF Medical Center at Parnassus, 400 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laurence S Baskin in this video.
Dr. Laurence S Baskin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.