Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laurence M Epstein
Dr. Laurence M Epstein, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Epstein is affiliated with Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital, Emerson Hospital and Miriam Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Laurence M Epstein has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Laurence M Epstein has the following 8 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Catheter Ablation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
Dr. Laurence M Epstein has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
just had heart surgery... he is great and for me and for others Drs he is the best .I was referred to him by also another well know Dr who was to operated me but felt Dr Epstein was the best for it . He extracted a defective lead from my heart and changed to new defibrillator type... he came to see me around 11.30 PM even though he was out of the hospital .. my mother as my husband are so grateful to him as I am... i only 29 years old.....
Dr. Epstein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBrigham And Womens Hospital, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA
Dr. Laurence M Epstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.