Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurence K Gorlick has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 12
My take is that this doctor overbooks in order to jack up his billings and therefore cannot possibly provide sufficient time to his patients. I've been there twice, arriving on time. On each occasion I waited at least 30 minutes in the waiting room before being called and then another 20 to 30 minutes in the exam room before seeing the doctor! When he finally came into the exam room, both of my two exams were definitely rushed (receiving about 15 minutes of actual time with the doctor)! To make matters worse, he prescribed a drug only to be told by my pharmacy that it conflicted with another one I was taking could not be filled without prior authorization (which was never provided)!
Dr. Gorlick is the most sensitive, caring, knowledgeable doctor I have every had. I went to him for several years and literally owe my life to him, as he asked me about a little "half-hearted", irritating cough, found a tiny nodule in my throat that turned out to be thyroid cancer. Never did I ever walk into his office that I did not have his full attention and was never rushed. At the time, when I was his patient, he had not become a geriatric specialist. I am certain he is excellent in that field as he was very endearing to his mother. I moved from the area and the commute is much too long for me in my later years, but I still hold a deep affection and respect for him and hope this review will encourage anyone reading it to rush to him for ideal physician care.
I believe Dr. Gorlick is an excellent doctor. In fact I would say his specialty is diagnosis. My husband was suffering from a gallbladder attack. Dr. Gorlick could see this but he did a physical anyway. He noted a large growth in the area of the thyroid and immediately referred him to a specialist. It was cancer. Without that quick diagnosis (and he DID know it was cancer as soon as he felt it.), my husband would have continued to look for someone to treat his gallbladder. Turned out the gallbladder attack was a one time thing. Cancer, on the other hand, is for life. He is doing quite well, thanks to a fast thinking doctor who was not distracted by the patient's primary complaint. This is a doctor who goes one step further. I believe he saved my husband's life. Highly recommended, even if you THINK there is nothing serious wrong with you.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
- University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Dr. Laurence K Gorlick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPalos Verdes Medical Group, 550 Deep Valley Dr Ste 319, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Dr. Laurence K Gorlick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rolling Hills Estates, CA.