Dr. Laurence Higgins Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Laurence Higgins?

Posted on December 2nd, 2017

He is a self centered person who cares more about himself than his patients. Never on time. makes his patients see PSA's and interns instead of himself. I would not bring a dead horse to him for care.. .

He is the best shoulder doctor on this planet

Posted on March 21st, 2017

When I tore my same rotator cuff tendon again (suprasantis) 3 months after the first repair Dr K who did that surgery referred me to Dr Higgins then before I completed that recovery my bicep tendon came out of the grove my fault again then yes again I needed one more surgery scare tissue removed I always had problems with the postoperative recovered not the DOCTORS fault this was all on my right shoulder I now have full range of motion some on and off pain the first doctor gave up on me but Dr Higgins never let me down if it wasn't for him I truly think my right arm would be useless and he does listen to you and does not rush you I always saw a intern first but then you see DrHiggins waiting time can be long but it's worth it

Made a BIG mistake

Posted on August 29th, 2016

I'ma 57 years old phd mathematician in Amherst university, I went to Dr. higgins for left shoulder pain impingement back in 2012 and since then he has done 3 surgeries on me and all failed. Now I have pain and limitation more than ever. My rotatorcuff suparspinatus and infraspinatus is ruined and the failed biceps tenodesis has completely deformed my arm. I spend so much time in the waiting rooms past 4 years with him and months and months of PT all gone to waste I feel sad and regretful. If you want to see an orthopedic surgeon do in depth research and don't fall for the appearance and the show they put on to get you in the surgery room. GOD BLESS

Rude and Condecending oh ya 3 hours late too

Posted on August 26th, 2016

His PA was fantastic but after waiting for 3 hours to see him he was very brief, Condecending and rude. Decided to go to someone I trust as I don't trust him.

BAD Doctor

Posted on April 15th, 2016

Dr. Higgins was constantly late for my appointments with no explanations. Never returned my phone calls until weeks after. Always saw an intern and not Dr. Higgins. He was over two (2) hours late the day of my surgery. Wanted to do another procedure after the one he performed did not rid me of my pain. I would never go to this SELF CENTER Doctor again...

Great doc & practice

Posted on November 15th, 2015

Definitely disappointed!

Posted on April 30th, 2015

After waiting over a month to see Dr. Higgins for shoulder pain he was an hour late for the appointment (no apologies) and he sent his "fellow" in first who was so arrogant and condescending ;I was speechless. All swagger--no people skills. Higgins himself was fine; but that's about it.

Too busy for in-depth care pre and post surgery.

Posted on February 11th, 2015

Definitely felt like a number. You only see Dr. Higgins every 2nd or 3rd visit. Obviously he has a busy practice and has no problem letting his assistants let you know that every chance they get.

Posted on July 9th, 2014

Dr Higgins has done both shoulders and I cannot recommend him highly enough

Highly respected among other Boston orthopedic surgeons

Posted on March 31st, 2013

Posted on June 25th, 2012

Dr Higgins is one of the most skillful, dedicated, and compassionate doctors I know. The waiting time is sometimes long, but it is only because he takes the time he needs with you. He also has an extremely busy practice, and that says something about his skills as a doctor.

One in a Million

Posted on May 7th, 2012

I was afraid to have a shoulder replacement. When I met Dr. Higgins I was instantly confident he would make it better. Not only did he make it better but he did it with kindness and patience which is an unusual quality in Surgeons today. He gives his time and shows he cares. He will be my Surgeon forever.