Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laurence Lesser
Dr. Laurence Lesser, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lawrenceville, GA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Cardiology. Dr. Lesser is affiliated with Gwinnett Medical Center - Lawrenceville, Gwinnett Medical Center-Duluth and Gwinnett Women's Pavilion. He speaks English.
Dr. Laurence Lesser has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Dr. Lesser has taken care of both my parents for 20+ years. He is the most kind and compassionate doctor I have ever met. Both my father and mother loved him. My father had many heart problems and lived longer (87 yrs) than anyone expected, I think, because of the care he received from Dr. Lesser. My mother is still his patient.
I was welcomed immediately by a courteous & friendly staff. My appointment was met in a timely manner. Upon meeting Dr. Lesser I found him very personable, friendly & professional. I felt he was genuinely concerned about my health and asked all appropriate questions required to know more about my condition. He is a very dedicated doctor and I feel Dr. Lesser genuinely gives his patients his full, undivided attention. I have never been more impressed with other physician's as I am with Dr. Lawrence M. Lesser. I am very proud to highly recommend him to others.
Dr. Lesser is the finest doctor I've had the priviledge of seeing. He is so caring and interested and up-to-date on cardiology. I'd recommend him to anyone without hesitation.
Dr. Lesser is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Gwinnett Medical Center-Duluth
Gwinnett Women's Pavilion
Tennessee Christian Medical Center
Gwinnett Medical Center
Trinity Hospital of Augusta
Emory Dunwoody Medical Center
Cartersville Medical Center
Joan Glancy Memorial Hospital
Eastside Medical Center
Redmond Regional Medical Center
Emory Johns Creek Hospital
St Josephs Hospital - Atlanta
St Joseph?s Hospital Atlanta
Saint Joseph'S Hospital Of Atlanta
Glancy Rehabilitation Center
46 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1970
Erie County Medical Center
Dr. Laurence Lesser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCARDIOVASCULAR GROUP PC, 755 Walther Rd, Lawrenceville, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laurence Lesser in this video.
Dr. Laurence Lesser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawrenceville, GA.