Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurence M Matthews has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 5 of 8
I have been seeing Dr. Matthews for several years now. His professionalism is unmatched. He takes the time to explain everything in easy to understand terms. He is concerned and caring. His staff is friendly and professional. I cannot recall ever having a more positive experience with any other Doctor in my life, and I am 64 years old.
Dr. Matthews was compassionate and thourough. I felt he was right on target with the testing he ordered, neither overordering nor neglecting my symptoms. He has followed me for years and has always seemed to have insight as to the nature of my illnesses. He is also respected among his peers and this makes it easy when coordinating with other doctors.
This was the most unprofessional and discourteous Dr I have ever encounterd in my life. From the moment he walked into the room to examine me, he was extremely rude and completely unproffesional. I would recommend that you find elsewher to get evaluated, as this Dr seems as though he has been in his profession for far too long and has become complacent and shows no sense of compassion towards his patients. He also made rude remarks as to what type of health insurance that I have, and he doesn't know why he still chooses to accept it. All of this was witnessed by by 5 yr old son, which made it all the wore. This Dr is horrible.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Matthews is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Laurence M Matthews accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLaurence M Matthews Md Llc, 3100 US Highway 1 S Ste 3, Saint Augustine, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Laurence M Matthews in this video.
Dr. Laurence M Matthews is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Augustine, FL.