Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laurence B Pearl
Dr. Laurence B Pearl, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Huntington Beach, CA, with other offices in Newport Beach, CA and Westminster, CA . His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Pearl is affiliated with Los Alamitos Medical Center, Mission Hospital Laguna Beach and Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Laguna Hills. Dr. Pearl has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Laurence B Pearl has the following 1 specialty
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Intestinal Obstruction
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Breast Diseases
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Breast Cancer
- Laparoscopic General Surgery
- Abdominal Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Gallbladder Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I am a 63 year old woman recovering quite nicely after having Dr. Pearl operate on my 3 hernias. I didn't know I had 3 and having robotic surgery I was home from Hoag hospital after just one nights stay. This is week 2 and 1 day and I am better and better each day. I am thankful for Dr. Pearl's skilled hands and great team. I have already recommended him.
I went into the emergency room and required surgery to remove my gallbladder. Dr. Pearl was the surgeon available to perform the surgery, and was very pleasant and thorough when we met prior to the surgery, and called my husband to inform him of the results after the surgery was complete. (My husband had to return home to our kids, otherwise Dr. Pearl would have spoken to him in person) Visited Dr. Pearl's office a week later for a follow-up and all of the staff I interacted with were incredibly helpful and kind. I highly recommend Dr. Pearl and his staff at the Newport Irvine Surgical Specialists.
When I first walk into the office (first patient of the day), the receptionist says 'oh you're here for your breast right?! Umm no....' This surgeon has two offices, HB & NB...I was contacted by the NB office telling me the date of my surgery but never the time. I made many calls to both the HD & NB offices trying to get the time of my surgery but was given the run around by rude receptionists. In the end I called the doctor on his cell phone and got the information. By then it was too late for my husband to take time off. Oh and the surgery was to take place at yet another location, which had never been previously mentioned. I was also never told what was meant to take place during the surgery despite asking both NB & HB offices. SO UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!!
I personally scheduled the case to get it done more quickly, so my office staff was unaware. I decided to perform the procedure at the hospital instead of in the office. I gave this information to the patient when she called me on my cell and apologized for the confusion.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Pearl is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Laurence B Pearl accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Laurence B Pearl is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Huntington Beach, CA.