Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laurence Sechter
Dr. Laurence Sechter, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Glen Cove, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sechter is affiliated with Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Glen Cove Hospital and North Shore Univ Hosp At Glen Cove. He speaks English.
Dr. Laurence Sechter has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Laurence Sechter has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Sechter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Glen Cove Hospital
North Shore Univ Hosp At Glen Cove
Queens Hospital Center
40 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Roma La Sapienza (Facolta I)
Graduated in 1976
Our Lady Of Mercy Medical Center
Dr. Laurence Sechter accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Medical Associates, 3 School St, Glen Cove, NY
Dr. Laurence Sechter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Cove, NY.