More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Laurence D Shaw
Dr. Laurence D Shaw, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Van Nuys, CA, with another office in Van Nuys, CA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine. Dr. Shaw is affiliated with Pacifica Hospital Of The Valley. He speaks English.
Dr. Laurence D Shaw has 2 locations
15107 Vanowen St Fl 2
Van Nuys, CA 91405
Book Online Now
Dr. Laurence D Shaw has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
Dr. Laurence D Shaw has the following 4 expertise
- High-Risk Deliveries
- Premature Infants
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Congenital Anomalies
Showing 1 of 1
Care for my daughter
Self-verified patient of Dr. Laurence D Shaw - Posted on April 25th, 2018
Dr Shaw is very by the book. He does not take parents consideration into account. He refuses requests if not "textbook". And lastly, has poor bedside manner, not seeing the stress the parents are going through and delivering information without considering how the parents are feeling. If you see him assigned to your child, I'd recommend asking for a new physician.
Dr. Shaw is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Laurence D Shaw Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
Locations & Directions
Dr. Laurence D Shaw is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Van Nuys, CA.