Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Laurence W Trueman has the following 2 specialties
- Forensic Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Laurence W Trueman has the following 13 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Laurence W Trueman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
This so called Dr. Refused to increase Rx dosages citing 'study that said it usually doesn't help.' He told me I had treatment resistant depression and a 'sorry, I can't help.' I was so depressed and coupled with a physical disability I rarely sat sat up, walked, etc. As a result, I can no longer tolerate even sitting up for more than a couple hours before I have to lie down, the pain is so bad. Since it is a small town, he was my only option. I went out of town a couple times but I was to depressed to leave the house. So I went back. Since he has left, My dosage has been increased with amazing results. Too bad I'm so physically weak to enjoy it. He ruined my physical health and I suffered needlessly for years. Since he quit, I am now getting the proper medication and feel great. I have been treated for my mental illness for 24 years and I know what does and doesn't work on me. I am also a trained medical professional. He refused to listen. He shouldn't be allowed to practice.
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMendota Mental Health Institute, 301 Troy Dr, Madison, WI
Dr. Laurence W Trueman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.